Monday, October 31, 2011

hello sunshine!

I haven't written in a while, and I apologize for that. It's been crazy busy at work and at home lately. I haven't had much resting time, let alone blogging time. This weekend I got sick with every germ the kids had the past couple weeks, plus the flu vaccination I got a little late, and so today, surprise surprise!, i have time! :)



The garden is growing well, as far as I can tell! The first batch of romaine lettuce continues to grow taller. I think I am going to have to cut some of the shoots that are crowded, to let some of them grow bigger. I read that that's the way to go, and that the shoots are still good to eat. We'll see if the kids will try them or not! Haha...
The second batch of romaine and other (unnammed) lettuce, and spinach is growing well also. The spinach is growing so fast! It's true leaves started showing up last week, and they're fun little sprouts too look at. Such a happy looking plant! I planted snow peas about ten days ago, and have some healthy looking sprouts coming up. It was fun, last Thursday, to literally watch the sprouts emerge from the soil!


I also added some clippings of basil and apple mint to our garden. They were in little glass bottles. Mr. Wind blew the apple mint out of its watery home, and it dried up before I could reach it. The two varieties of basil, however, are going strong. I will post a picture of the roots just starting to develop, but they are looking much hairier these days! So exciting! :) The basil is from my garden at home, and I don't know if the parent plants are going to make it this winter. I am hoping that the cuttings survive! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment