Monday, October 3, 2011

Hello!

I'd like to take a minute to introduce myself. I just started my second year of teaching preschool, and am absolutely loving it! I have a class of seven 3-year-olds (some nearly 3, some already 3). They are sweethearts, and I love them so much.

This last year, I became very interested in growing my own garden, essentially, growing my own food. Since I don't have a large yard, or live in a place where I could turn my front yard into an edible garden, or have poultry or other livestock, I began to experiment with raised beds and growing various herbs and vegetables. It has been hit or miss, but I'm learning a LOT!
I decided that this year, I really wanted to teach my students that they can grow their own food, and how that happens! I'm excited, a little nervous, but mostly excited. I know the kids probably won't be as excited as I am about the things we grow as I will be, but that's okay. If they learn anything about plants and how they grow, the process will be successful!
So, follow along with us on this journey of growing a garden outside our classroom!

No comments:

Post a Comment